DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR
- It is essential that sufficient ventilation (1) is provided under the boards so that they can dry after a shower.
- The ground has to be flat and stable.
- For a good evacuation of water the ground has to have a slope of 10mm every meter (2) in the direction of the board and preferably away from the house. This slope has to be maintained on the board so that the drainage of the water is optimized and no water can remain on, in or under the board.
FIXING OF THE BEAMS
- The decking is installed on beams. Align all beams, so that the starter clips can be fixed at the front of every beam.
- The distance between the beams is a maximum 500mm. Install an extra beam at 200mm distance from the first and the last beam at the beginning and at the end of the decking.
- Beams need to be fixed on the concrete foundation or on a supporting structure every 500mm in the correct way (2).
- Use a countersink to make the holes conical so that the screws and plugs are sunk (3).
FIXING OF BOARDS
- Boards have to be placed in the same direction (a mark is present at the inner side of every board).
- 5mm/m spacing must be kept to allow expansion, with a minimum of 15mm away from every wall (4).
- The first and last board is fixed with starter and finishing clips. The following board is then inserted into the previous clips and again secured on beams with standard clips (4), repeat procedure for additional boards on all beams. When all boards have been installed the starter and finishing clip has to be shoved at the end of all boards.
- Placing the beam at the end of the boards is recommended. If not, then the board overhang must not exceed 50mm from the last support beam.
- The butting clip (5) allows boards to be joined lengthwise. Spacing between the short sides of the boards must be 10mm.
- Pre-drilling is mandatory before fixing the clips.
- The finishing of a terrace can be done with a skirt or with an L-Profile (6-7).
DIFFERENT PLACEMENTS: ROOF TERRACE, FLOATING STRUCTURE,...
- If the beams cannot be supported over the whole length or cannot be fixed to the (roof) construction or have to be installed floated on pedestals, ... a solid steel or timber (class 1) frame needs to be mounted (8). The Duofuse® beam (DFB048) cannot be used for this. Place the framework on the ground or on pedestals. The distance between the pedestals is a maximum 500mm.
- Use butting clips (DFC002) on wooden or steel beams instead of standard clips (DFC001).
Tongue and groove boards system
As the boards and the posts have been brushed, it is necessary that the mark (1) is on the same side of the board (front or back). The boards can be placed directly on the soil as they will not rot. If the screen is placed on grass or other soft surface, make sure that the screen cannot sink into the ground. Support for this the screen at ground level at 3 places by means of tiles, concrete slab or other hard material. When you want to use a concrete gravel board – up to 4cm thick – beneath the fence, you can attach it with the large Duofuse® U-profiles (width 4.2cm) (2). Standard length of the boards is 180/200cm but boards can be cut to any length.
ASSEMBLY OF THE U-PROFILES
- In order to create a corner or extra raised beds, you can attach at more than one side a U-profile (up to 4).
- Attach the U-profile to the post with stainless steel screws of 4.5/5.0 x 25/40mm (max. intersection 40cm).
MOUNTING OF THE POSTS AND BOARDS
- If applicable always start against the house, shed or other fix point. After installing the first post, install the last post.
- Anchor sturdily the first and the last post. Build fence after fence. Place the post in one straight line and on the same height. Place the boards from above into the U-profiles (3).
- Press the boards to each other. An expansion space of min. 1cm at both sides needs to be respected (4). make sure the post exceeds the screen by minimum 5.5cm in order to leave enough expansion space.
There are 3 possibilities to attach the posts:
Against a wall with plugs, screws or stainless steel L brackets.
Into the ground without fence post supports (5).
1/3 of the length of a post needs to be into the ground with a minimum of 40 cm. Dig a hole of 40x40cm and 80cm deep, filled completely or at least for 2/3 with stabilised sand, concrete or rapid concrete.
On a terrace, concrete floor or wall by using internal post holder.
Mount the post supports with the suitable screws, bolts and/or plugs to the ground. Place the pole over the post support. You will have to saw the post with the aluminium cross to the desired length.
- You can finish the fence by placing the small U-profile on top of the upper board (6). The posts are to be finished by gluing the inside edges of the cap to the post.
- Attach the cover caps after all horizontal U-profiles have been put in place.
Slat wall system
The installation of the Duofuse® slat wall system is identical to the installation of the tongue and groove boards system, as the boards are also clamped between 2 U-profiles.
- By using the Duofuse® slat wall system, multiple combinations of panel frame (heights of 20cm to 200cm) are possible depending on the number of boards used. The fences can also be built in cascade, e.g. first fence 120cm high, second 160cm high,... The boards can be placed directly on the soil as they will not rot.
- Standard length of the boards is 200cm but boards can be cut to any length. By the presence of reinforcement profiles in galvanised steel, carbide tipped saw is necessary to cut the boards.
- A minimum of 1cm gap is needed to be left at both ends to allow for expansion of the boards. Make sure the board is placed with the single lip facing down (see drawing). When taking into account the thickness of the U-profile (0.5cm), the boards need to be at least 2x1.5cm smaller than the distance between two posts. For the standard length of the fences the distance between two posts is 203cm.
- 1/3 of the length of a post needs to be into the ground. For a fence of 200cm, 95cm into the ground is sufficient. Dig a hole of 40x40cm and 95cm deep and place a tile in the hole to avoid sinking of the post.
As the boards and the posts have been brushed, it is necessary that the mark is on the same side of the board (front or back).
The boards can be placed directly on the soil as they will not rot. Standard width of the boards is 180cm but boards can be cut to length.
ASSEMBLY OF THE U-PROFILES AND SPACERS
- Cut the U-profiles to length and attach to the post
- Determine the free space between the bottom and the bottom board, as well as the spacing between the different boards. Use these distances to cut off the spacer to the desired length. Slide the first spacer down into the U-profile to the ground. Fasten this spacer now with a screw. Repeat for all posts.
MOUNTING OF THE POSTS AND BOARDS
The mounting of the posts is identical as with the tongue and groove system.
- Slide the first board from above into the U-profiles against the first spacer.
- Slide now the second spacer down against the first board.
- Attention, in order to allow expansion you can only screw the spacer under the bottom board. The following spacers and boards must have the ability to expand up.
- Make sure that the U-profile is a few centimeters above the upper board. Insert a last spacer. The post has to be a few centimeters above the fence to provide the necessary expansion.
- The posts are to be finished by gluing the inside edges of the cap to the post.